Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Starving Mind

Today i headed over to Rocky Vista (the school Stephen is attending) a little earlier than normal. My mind has been starving for some real mind food so i decided a lecture on "starvation, insulin, feeding, and fasting" would be interesting. Other than not being able to understand the professor who's english was less perfect, I had a wonderful time. I didn't tell Stephen I was coming because i knew that might be a little distracting, so while following along with the lecture I got to sit back and watch Stephen interact with the new people he has been building friendships with. God has been so good to us and blessed us with several other Christian couples for us to get to know and have fun with (both fellow med students and former contacts). This last Saturday night we had 2 couples over to our apartment for a spaghetti dinner and games. Don't get me wrong, its not easy being here away from all our family and friends, but God didn't bring us here and leave us empty handed, he had new friends here waiting for us to meet. We had a wonderful time together and are looking at hiking a "fourteener" this weekend (Colorado language for a mountain over 14,000 feet above sea level).

Other Updates:
- yesterday found a beautiful family tree farms display in my Sunflower Market grocery store right near our home (couldn't' help but take a picture and tell the cashier that the fruit was my uncles)
- Friday is Stephen's 2nd test, any prayer would be appreciated! He has been doing wonderful, and we give God all the glory for that!
- Please pray that my Colorado CNA license would come soon so that I can start working. I am running out of things to do :)
- Thanks to the flexible job God has provided for me, we get to come home for Christmas :) 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats great that you have a flexible job, and great Christian friends. The lack of some solid Christian friends here in ND has been a source of some sadness, but God is good.... Super Glad for you on that part. We'll be praying for the test taking!

August 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home