Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Estes Park!

Well I am sorry this post is a few days late :) (for all of you who were glued to your computers and holding onto your seats waiting for it... which I am sure is not many) but believe it or not, I have been busy. Between work, school, and keeping the home in order, I haven't had much time since our arrival home from Estes.
We had an absolutely wonderful time! Best birthday present ever! We stopped in at the visitors center on our way into town and asked where we could possibly see some elk. The lady said "welp, just walk out the back door and go over the bridge". We were not quiet expecting wild elk to be right out the back door! If you look at the picture above you can see we found a few just resting right off the path (and by right off the path I mean like 5 feet!)
All these elk (probably about 40) were just hanging out on a golf course in town.
Our hotel was really cool. Very old and historic, but well kept! The view from the hotel was gorgeous with the beautiful snow capped mountains in the background!
Below is a picture of the front of our hotel :)
Above is a zoomed in picture of the elk that Stephen is pointing at below.
And here's me with the elk (man I bet you have about seen enough elk :)
So all that to say, it was beautiful. The aspen were a beautiful bright yellow, the air was crisp, and it was great! On friday afternoon we were strolling down the main street and some how got caught up in the Estes Park High School homecoming parade. Let me tell you, it was a little oakie!

Other than that I don't have much to share. Stephen and I are doing great! This week we got to spend some time with the two lead elders/pastors in our church and their wives. It was such an amazing time! God has blessed us above and beyond!

On Monday Stephen finishes his musculoskeletal section and moves on to cardiorespitory.

And thats about it!
Much love,
Hannah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home