Thursday, January 6, 2011

Conquoring Downtown Denver

Monday morning, standing in the dark and below freezing temperatures waiting for the light rail (very nice above ground "subway" that exists in Denver), I realized that not only was I starting nursing school, but I was becoming a city girl, out to conquer Denver. Why? because to me, being a regular of public transportation is about as city as it gets.

My nursing school is located right downtown in the heart of Denver. Don't fret though, Denver is the cleanest and "safest" felling downtown I have ever been in. Its been a hard journey to grieve leaving Biola's nursing program and all that I loved about it, but there is not one doubt in my mind I/we are where we are supposed to be. (but that doesn't negate the need to grieve :). So coming up to the start of school at this new place that does things different from Biola and is filled with all kinds of different people and professors, I was having a hard time having any excitement about starting school again. (Also, "school when your married is more like work", thanks mom for always verbalizing what I am realizing but can't put into words) but PRAISE GOD, sunday evening I started feeling a little excited about it! I know this was God and the prayers of his people.

So through the teaching on the premordial soup, the "fact" that our amino acids came from aliens, and plenty of other evolution, I am Excited to be back in nursing school again! I love learning! I think online classes last semester made me forget that. And I get to study with my HUSBAND! :) i meet him at his school library and we sit across from each other and study all afternoon! And even when not a words said, we're still hanging out :)

And today I discovered that right next to my nursing school is a sweet cooking school that has a cheep and really good coffee shop with discounts for nursing students! Mhhh that coffee was good!

I could go on and on, but its time to hit the sack. I am pretty sure we got to bed earlier that all our parents and grandparents :)

Thanking God for his goodness,
Hannah

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think you make a wonderful city girl and "city couple" :) What an adventure! Many quiet study "hang-out" sessions with your husband sounds like finding hidden treasure to me.

Praying for inspiration for both of you.

Love Dad

January 7, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home