Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A day in the Life...

For those of your that keep up with the national weather, you probably have heard that Denver is getting a dumping of snow, and we are :) Stephen called me last night on his way to pick up T from Denver International Airport and said this "Hannah, this is crazy, i have never been in weather like this before". Me, being the very typical woman and wife, responded by making sure to say "I love you Stephen" (encase I never got to see him again :) and then instead of going to sleep, just sat and prayer for my love's safety for the next hour as I awaited his return. Oh the joy of hearing the key turn and the door open :)

This morning I awoke to 2 degree's, 8 inches of snow with more coming down, and 1 pathophysiology test awaiting my arrival at school. I thought you might enjoy a few snap shots of my morning.
 See the lights? Its the lightrail approaching my station. Pure thankfulness = climbing up into the lighrail car and out of the very very cold and snow filled climate we are currently living in.
 And then, just for good measure I grabbed a warm venti "awake" tea from Starbucks before embarking on my freezing but exhilarating 5 block walk from the lightrail drop off to my nursing school. I will let you know that I don't know if my cheeks have every been so cold in my life!

We took a pictures on sunday I thought I would share.
 The worlds best ice scraper hard a work on Sunday morning, while his wife admires him from the warming car :)
 Yep, thats me all by myself because Stephen didnt make it in time for the camera 10second self timer :)
 Still scraping the ice that has permanently taken up residence on our car.
This time he made it. Note: this picture was sunday, we now have almost a foot more snow!

Tomorrow for the 3rd time, Stephen will step into a room with a patient actor to perform a full head to toe assessment :) What a wonderful doc he is going to be! And what a outstanding husband and student he is! Friday he gladly finishes the current Endo/Repro section with a test on the reproductive system. It has definitely not been his favorite. Due to his recent learnings in Osteopathic Principles and Procedures, whenever I feel like my back is out of alignment, he realigns it for me with a few pokes and a crack. Its fabulous! He is also apart of a new bible study starting up at Rocky Vista (which is really exciting!). So there is a Stephen update for you ;) !

I can say that I am right in the middle of a learning curve, and I wish I had time to share. But because my resent days have been spent studying there is 4 loads of laundry, a gym, and a paper on aplastic anemia calling my name.  So hopefully I can put my thoughts and recently learned lessons into a post soon.
Much love from the land of snow and ice,
Hannah

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your posts and photos make me appreciate the drizzly grey land in which I currently reside. We even had sun yesterday and a few ambitious yellow flowers are attempting to escape ground of our yard at Wycliffe. I am fully with you on the essay/no laundry thing too at the moment. Mine's due in about 8 hours, though I've only got the intro/conclusion left thankfully. Anyhow, just wanted to let you know you guys are being thought of and prayed for and are very loved :) Stay safe and warm in all that snow, and hopefully we will see each other again soon on our hot and sunny Kings River! :) Have a great week!

February 13, 2011 at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home