Thursday, February 24, 2011

Stories

I am trying to study, but exhaustion and detraction are why I am here blogging :) Today I just have a few stories...
Story 1: 
After 8 months of marriage, a young man and woman decided they would get a TV. You see, it was their first year of filing taxes as independents and married, so they earned money on their tax return. They decided that a small amount of this money would be well spend on a TV. Plus, they already got a Wii for Christmas and were just needing a TV to hook it up too. So, when date night came they headed off to Walmart and walked away with a 32" TV and smiles on their faces. After stopping at FroYo, the finally got home to open the new TV
 The Young wife just stood by and took pictures during the set up process. She was in shock that they got such an awesome TV for such a good price!
 The Young Husband is very strong and so had no problem getting it all set up and ready to go.
 He was really excited too!
They got their Wii hooked up and the fun began. But because of their busy schedules they have only played about 5 or 6 games. The End. 

Story 2: Some of you know that I work for a Hospital agency. This is an agency that hires me and other nurses and nurses aids out to about 6 hospital in the area when they are short staffed (which is most of the time). So I work at various hospitals on all the different floors. Its great being in school because I set my own schedule. If I am overloaded or worn out, I can just cancel my shift, or if I ever have a free day with nothing to do I can pick up a shift. Anyways, thats the background. 
Not long after I started working, I worked with a nurse that also works for an agency. After small talking a little bit I found out she graduated from Biola. What are the odds? Really? It was awesome to talk about how much we loved Biola and their nursing program. We have worked together probably 10 other shift since this time and she is a wonderful nurse and an awesome woman. I know this is kind of a random story, but I thought I should share it. Yesterday I had the pleasure of working with her again. I walked into the break room for lunch and she was openly sharing about her faith and talking with some other nurses who were Christians. It was so cool to see in the workplace. Nursing floors can be very surface level relationships. She was talking about how she doesn't do surface level but loves diving into peoples live and asking them hard questions. What an example!

Story 3: Our lives are busy than they have ever been. Stephen is in the middle of Neuro and I am finishing up my quarter. We are so thankful to have a personal relationship with a God who is involved in our lives and has the grace and power to give us strength when all we are doing is running. This morning I ready Psalm 52. Here David explains the end of men who do not make God their refuge. He explains that the righteous will look at those who did not take refuge in God and fear. It says they took refuge in their own destruction. WOW! I know for me its a daily and evenly hourly decision of taking refuge in God or in other things. In the last verse he says "I will thank you forever, because you have done it."
As I look back at the past 8 months of marriage and how wonderful it has been, I thank God because he did it. When I look back at the past 6 months of medical school and all the challenges and lessons that have made us stronger, I thank God because he has brought us this far. When I look back at the past 2 months of nursing school, I thank God because he has walked me through its challenges and its blessings, he did it. Some questions to keep asking our selves: Where do we seek refuge? Who or what do we thank for getting us through days and months? Do we see the good things God has done?

Prayer requests: Tuesday I have some of the girls over from our church youthgroup to start getting to know them and investing in their lives. Your prays would be much appreciated!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Much Love,
Hannah

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily Williams said...

i love you!!! i would love to catch up when you/i get the chance, and i will definitely be praying for you as you have those fun girls over! :)

February 24, 2011 at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home