Monday, March 21, 2011

Away Vacay: Day 4

Made it back to Kingsburg last night after dropping Gabi off at LAX to fly back to Tulsa :( Here are some more pictures from the last days.
 Was out for a nice run on Saturday, soaking in the fresh ocean air and the breath taking view from Emerald Bay, Laguna Beach. It was a good day to be on a run, I was feeling really good, then WHAM!!! My shoes caught on the rough road and i dove head first down the steep hill. Somehow my hands got it the worst (lost the most skin), then my chin, my stomach, and my thighs (thats right, don't ask how but my knees didn't get a scratch, it was a true sprawl). So my beautiful run was quickly ruined only 15 min in :( I got to cut off my own skin, and enjoy having an invalid right hand for a few days.
 My mom always said, "there is something special about your college friends". Now I am really understanding this. I got to spend several hours with my beloved friend Emily Williams in LA yesterday. What a treasure that time was. I was so encouraged by our time together and so refreshed! She is a woman who truely loves the Lord and has a heart for his people. She inspires me! I love her! It was a great time.
Picture after church at Rock Harbor (where I went during my Biola days). Sermon was on Judas, best and only sermon I have ever heard on Judas.
 Before we dropped Gabi off at the airport we made a starbucks run (thanks to Noah and his iphone navigating skills). We all "toasted" (including mom and her trenta sized ice water: top middle) to loving Gabrielle. It was such a special few days with her and the youngsters (although I fear Noah will soon pass me up and I won't be able to call him a 'youngster' anymore).
Last picture all together at Starbucks :) 


Having a good time. Enjoyed swedish pancakes with Grandpa Don and Grandma Jo this morning. 

Still missing Stephen, but treasuring the time here in CA! 

Much Love
Hannah

2 Comments:

Blogger RobertDavid said...

Miss you Stephen, We have all been saying that there is a big hole with you not here. We are praying for you as you are studying and are glad you will be able to be with Hannah on a week break next week! Thanks for sharing Hannah with us! Love Dad J

March 22, 2011 at 1:09 AM  
Blogger jean said...

So good seeing you Monday night, Hannah. Sure didn't realize that bandaid on your hand was the result of such a spill!!Hope you find some sun in Denver after this beautiful, soppy week in CA. Love, Nonnie

March 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home