Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quarter One, Done!

Haven't blogged forever! Needless to say these last few weeks have been pretty crazy! Today I finished Pathophysiology with a comprehensive final! Feels so good to be done and free for 2 weeks. I am really liking this whole quarter system! 11 weeks and your done!
So now that I have all the time in the world... its time to clean. I will confess, the house has been getting spot cleanings here and there the last few weeks, but the tub is screaming for a scrub!
Then Thursday I fly to the beautiful California to spend time with my family(s) and friends. Leaving my love all alone for a week does sadden me though, but he keeps assuring me its going to be great! I would probably drive him crazy if I was playing all week and he was deep in books finishing his Neuro class.

So although I have not blogged in forever, I have thought several times throughout the weeks "Oh, this would be a good blog!" about several things, but just didn't have the time to sit down a type a little.

Last monday I made broccoli soup. Really good broccoli soup. I have become really bad at following recipes, and 60% of the time it turns out better, the other 40% I am wishing I stuck to the recipe. Anyways, it was good soup. Everytime I make, eat, or see broccoli soup I think of a short story. I remember several years ago (probably 10 or so), Nonnie (my moms mom, my grandma, or Nonnie as I have called her from age 2) was over at our house making broccoli soup. One thing led to another and somehow the lid wasn't placed on the blender before the power button was hit and soup ended up all over the kitchen.
Well here is the point of this lovely story:
Although I did not forget to put a lid on it, somehow soup ended up all over the counter, stove, etc. And instead of being frustrated, I immediately smiled because of the memories I recalled. Thanks Nonnie (love you :)

Anyways, on another note, God has continued to bless us and has been so faithful to supply us with whatever we need, such as a call, an encouraging coffee date, a time of laughter, and the list goes on. I am currently in the middle (more like at the beginning) of learning more of who I am as a daughter of the Lord, and what that means for my life. I was listening to a message from a pastor the other day and he said this: "In 30 years of ministry I keep preaching the same thing over and over again. But us humans need it". Yes I do. How many times has God walked me through who I am as his daughter and how that impacts my life. Yet again I have forgotten and am now seeking to learn this lesson again. If you would pray that I would have a soft heart so that it would not just be head knowledge, but heart knowledge, that would be really awesome!

Stephen and I are really looking forward of 10 days of spring break together when I get back! We both will be in between classes and so won't have work consuming our days. WE ARE SO EXCITED!

Welp, thats all for now, but more shall come soon :)
Hannah

1 Comments:

Blogger jean said...

I do remember that day. Think you all had just gotten the Vita Mix blender and I had never seen anything so powerful and fast. Before I knew it, green was all over your kitchen. Now I have a Vita Mix of my own and make soup all the time (and haven't forgotten the lid once...thankfully) Love the memories, Nonnie

March 23, 2011 at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home