Thursday, March 24, 2011

God is in charge of everything... yep, even TSA

Today I had a rude awakening to how really in control God is. When life/plans seem to be smashed to smithereens, God still has it together. Here is my story:
I arrived at Fresno Airport this morning at 5:00. Sadly said my goodbyes but was also ready to fly home to my husband.

5:05 - after standing in line for several minutes, waiting for the self check in machine (the check in lines were ridiculously long) I opened my wallet to retrieve my license. It wasn't there. I started freeking out and searched my purse through several times.

5:10 - No ID. My plane leaves in 50 minutes, and the short and easy tsa line i had expected at the small airport, was getting really really long. The united check in line is also pretty long!

5:28 - I finally get to the front of the united check in line, confessed my lack of ID (in a shaky and very nervous voice). They send me back to the self check in. Again, it didn't work. [ps. I know it was 5:28 because the guy told me I only had 2 more min before the self check in would shut down, 30 min before my plane left]

5:30 - I am frantic. Standing in a line that runs 200 yards to getting though TSA. But I have a boarding pass in hand. at this point I asked my husband to pray and I told God that I knew getting through TSA without a ID was impossible, but for him, nothing was impossible.

5:55 - as my name is paged on the over head speaker, I am standing in TSA trying help the supervisor see that I am being honest, I really lost my ID, and I live in Denver.

6:05 - as I get ready to pass through the new X-ray machine I glanced up and could see that my plane had departed. But it was Ok. God had gotten me through TSA. I was in!  Nothing was going to make me leave that air terminal. Now all I had to do was find a new plane route home.

6:30 - I sat and waited for the United Airlines employee to finish boarding a plane to Los Vegas so that she could get me a new trip to denver.

6:35 - She (united lady) handed me a nonstop flight to Denver that left at 7:50am and arrived at 11:08am. Even though my flight from LA to Denver had originally been with on Fronteir airlines, it didn't hinder me getting a direct united flight at all. I headed to my new gate thanking the Lord. He had gotten me through security, given me a ticket, and now he place me on a straight shot that landed 1.5 hours before my original flight, and I didn't have to deal with a layover in LA.  I have continued to marvel at his planning, and his control. What a good God, who created us, but is so involved in our everyday lives and knows the disheveling things we face.

Here are a few pictures I haven't posted from my trip to CA:
 I managed to capture this picture when I arrived in LA last Thursday night. Its Gabi running full speed to come hug me. I was exhausted. It was 12:45am Colorado time. But it was all ok because a whole SUV full of my family was jumping out of the car to come hug me.
 Hugs all around at LAX when I arrived. (noah was sick in the car :( )
 Spent most of Friday and Saturday laying in the california sun with my all my brothers and sisters, mom and dad. Read a little bit of spring cleaning shortcuts out of Real Simple to make sure I was ready for this weeks cleaning :)
 Once we got back to Kingsburg, i convinced grace and josh to have a slumber party in my room every night. We had some special times talking before we fell asleep. Memories I think I will remember forever!
 Got a pedicure with my mom and sis (in-law). Had a real special evening with them Tuesday. What a blessing to have another set of family :)
 Arrived home at 12:30 today. It was so good to be with my husband again. He cracks me up. Just a week of being away and I forgot his goofy sense of humor. So good to be home :). I dove in to cleaning out our food pantry. No time to waste ;)
Anywho, Stephen has 1 more test tomorrow and then we have 10 days of freedom (mostly). Looking forward to the time for some R&R (and fun adventures of course). 

Thanks for reading about my day and my Father above who was very involved in it.

Much Love,
Hannah

2 Comments:

Blogger jean said...

Hannah,
What a crazy, God-smiling story! What happened to your license? So glad to know that you are home safely, and putting Real Simple magazine to good use. ( Just read that myself).. Hi to Stephen, missed him.
Nonnie

March 24, 2011 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Stephen and Hannah Zerlang said...

I am pretty sure I lost it either in the airport (on the way to California) or at Laguna. Just spent an hour at the DMV to get a new one.

March 25, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home